rBAK is an Internet-based data backup service. rBAK allows you to remotely backup, store and recover important data including term papers, study assignments (and MP3’s). While the data does travel over an Internet connection, it is compressed and encrypted to reduce transmission time and prevent any chance of unauthorized access.
With rBAK Internet Backup you benefit from:
- Off-site, encrypted, secure storage
- Ability to access your data 24 hours-a-day using any Internet connection
- Automated, unassisted background backups (no user intervention or tape swapping)
- Storage of multiple versions of your most valuable files (allows for restoration of a file at a specific point in time)
- No local storage devices to configure or expensive media to buy and replace annually
How do I get started?
Just follow these three simple steps:
- Download the rBAK client from the Manchester College website (http://its.manchester.edu/Downloads/Files/InternetTools/rBakClient.exe).
- Install the client and activate your subscription (credit card required).
- Setup your backup job. You'll find a configuration guide in Word format at click here. If a PDF file is more your thing, please click here.