August 4, 2008
ITS would like to announce the arrival of Gateway, the College’s new portal system. Gateway provides a number of new features heretofore unseen on campus and others that are now combined in this one location. These include:
- Timely announcements and other information prominently located
- Content designed specifically for you and the role(s) you fill on campus
- Access to files online
- Access to individual email, calendar, and task items
- Access to a campus event calendar
- Saved bookmark links accessible from anywhere so you can “take your browser with you”
- Access to a reformatted MCConnect (the old MCConnect will go away)
- Access to Colleague, the College’s administrative software package
- Department, committee, and social sites for storing files and collaboration
- Ability to create electronic forms that can be routed to the appropriate individuals (no more walking forms over campus)
- Comprehensive Gateway search ability allowing you to search for Web pages or documents quickly and easily
- Personalized web sites that allow you to determine what other Gateway users see including blogs, Wikis, documents, and more
Gateway is best viewed in Internet Explorer, especially on campus. Because the site is secured, Internet Explorer can take advantage of certain technologies to minimize the number of times you have to log into certain Gateway resources. Instructions will be provided for off-campus use.
The ITS department hopes to roll this out soon so look for further announcements. Training is being developed but the technology is easy to use.
Click here to access some more screen shots.